12.13.2007

24 hours

after being on the road for 7 solid days (2 states, 2 states, 6,000 miles, stinky people on the airplane, etc.) i returned to the following:
  • power had gone off at least twice during my absence. joe was home for one of the outages which was caused by a fire on an electrical pole in our neighbor's yard ... oh the drama. and might i add that he called me to report the fire at midnight chicago time? i didn't sleep for several hours worried about lola and our house. when i finally nodded off, the alarm company called my blackberry to advise that our power was out. duh. the other outage happened on the day i flew home.
  • the power outages resulted in an hour of me figuring out (with joe ever so patient on the phone as he's in memphis - with a KIDNEY STONE) how to reset all of the our computers, TVs, TIVOs, routers, and clocks. okay, i know how to reset the clocks, but it still sucked up part of the hour fixing all of them.
  • my dog pulled a section of her electric fence off of the wall thereby causing a breach in the beach shack security system. i got shocked about 7 times trying to fix it. it's going to stay broken until joe gets home. if she gets out i'm going to freak, but i think she's smarter than that now that she's been undoubtedly shocked several times.
  • lola barfed on me two times today.

that's a lot of drama for 24 hours. i am going to bed now before anything else happens.

2 comments:

Sweet Coalminer said...

I hope Joe's OK! What a pain in the ass. When you said neighbors, I thought about those hippies that had all that shit in their garage. And chad.

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

OMG. kristine and i were just talking about jerry garcia and chad. you should see the other whack-jobs we have in our 'hood. sometimes i think i live in an expensive trailer park.

joe's fine ... :-)