6.08.2008

lips

i never had any feelings about my lips. didn't love them, didn't hate them. really never thought about them.

until i was 24 and an ex-friend told me that i have "pencil lips," then i was self-conscious about them and experienced lip envy on a fairly regular basis. wished they were fuller, more "heart-shaped," more remarkable.

until 5 days ago. my sister told me that sophia has my lips. i studied them this weekend and sure enough, we have the same lips. and they are beautiful.

i have never thought my lips so perfect until now. i couldn't be happier to share them with my niece.

2 comments:

Sweet Coalminer said...

Dude, sophia looks like a cross between you and James. She totally looks like you.

Is that why you used to get hammered and tell everyone, "I can't feel my lips!"?

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

omg. totally forgot about that.

it is creepy how sophia looks like me. our baby pictures are interchangeable.