7.20.2008

michelle wie? not me!

a couple of months i picked up an entry guide for the ventura county fair.
i've talked about entering photos for YEARS.
i decided this was my year.

so i picked 8 pictures ... tossed one picture and had them printed and mounted (couldn't figure out how to mount on my own). of course, i waited until the last minute to have them mounted as is how i deal when i'm not sure how to tackle a project.

yesterday, as i was making the labels for the back of the pictures, i noticed that i was supposed to submit and entry form by JULY 16th. which i had not done.

panic set in. pictures were at kinko's. i could see the blue ribbon dangling in front of my face. i HAD to be allowed to submit.

i was certain i was going to face unexpected disqualification and certain disappointment just like michelle wie did this week ... but i just couldn't let that happen. this is the FAIR ... not pro golf. so i did what i had to do ... i submitted my form late ... with a great excuse ... and was ushered in to the competition this morning.

pictures will be on display at the ventura county fair july 30th - august 10th. i entered 6 8x10s and 1 4x6. the following are the names of the photos ...

a jellyfish meets its untimely demise
cocktail weenies ring in the new year
paradise found in pismo beach
mama and her two daughters
joe enjoys new symrna beach, fl
chicago water tower at night
lola devours mr. snowman

good luck to me!

4 comments:

Sweet Coalminer said...

I know you'll win. Your life is charmed.

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

hahahaha

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

ps. the jellyfish is a nod to you.

Anonymous said...

The titles of your photos almost sound like a poem.