1.07.2009

new year, not safer in the skies

it's been 2.5 years since the foiled terror attack in london raised the united states' security level to ORANGE.

since then, it's been 3-1-1. 3 ounces, 1 quart-size plastic baggie (ziploc must be loving this), 1 bag per traveler.

couple this with the other post-9/11 restrictions and a traveler has to past through security knife-less, water-less, sharp-pointed scissors-less and shoe-less.

yesterday, while traveling through a major airport in the southwest, i passed through security with flying colors. i was deemed not a threat to my fellow travelers. (don't even get me started about innocent until proven guility implications).

they've thought of everything, right?

wrong! will someone explain to me why i had to eat a chicken breast with a plastic knife in an airport restaurant, BUT got to take my unfinished iced tea with me, on the plane, in a GLASS bottle?

GLASS bottle? Is that any less dangerous than my teeny swiss army knife? seriously.

it's just a matter of time. a matter of time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://jetlagged.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/28/the-airport-security-follies/

My friend forwarded me this article. Thought you might enjoy!

...Ash