4.08.2010

I can absolutely understand why people who don't travel often hate and dread it. Today, I'm traveling via Acela from Philly to DC ... this is my 3rd trip on an Acela, ever.

Having only been to the Philly station once, I was a little nervous about making it, on time and in one piece, at 5:30 in the morning from NJ. It's only a 20 minute drive, but it's crossing a state line so in my head it's a bigger deal than it should be.

I took a wrong turn as I got into the city. With my knowledge of Philly and GPS I made it to the station with plenty of time to spare.

But there were NO signs directing me to where I should leave my rental car. Again, because I do travel a lot, my instincts kicked in and I figured it out. But honestly, it wasn't easy. I was pretty close to calling travel, cancelling the ticket and just driving to DC. But I hung in there.

To be continued ...

No comments: