8.29.2007

3:30 in the morning

my phone started ringing this morning at 3:30 am CST. none of my customers or the home office would be up at that time ... so I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep.

it wouldn't stop. so against my better judgment, i answered.

"this is american airlines. flight XXXX leaving on august 29th has been cancelled. we have re-booked you on flight XXXY at 2:10 pm. you have been assigned seat 24E."

two hours delayed ... no biggie ... but a MIDDLE seat. seriously, that just doesn't fly with me. no pun intended. :-)

so i got the platinum desk on the phone ASAP. expressed my thanks for being rebooked, but begged for a better seat. sitting on a wing would have been better than sitting in the middle!

status has it's advantages. she got me an exit row aisle. in coach, you can't beat that.

by 4 am, i was all set. but i never fell back asleep. perhaps it's because the smell of texas doesn't agree with me?

No comments: