8.29.2007

focus, julie, focus

i am in the lovely state of texas as i had a meeting with AAFES this morning. (army air force exchange services) i've been there before...i know it's on a base and it's serious business. MPs are all over the place with big guns, etc. but this morning, as usual, i was running late (that really wasn't my fault ... marriott sucks ass) and i was on the phone.

i was still on the phone when i arrived. i wasn't ready to check in with the head MP ... so i pulled over to finish my conversation. during my converstation, my rep pulled up in front of me and checked in. apparently, the MPs were just about to come over and question what the hell i was doing parked on the base without checking in. apparently, that behavior raises some red flags. mike vouched for me and we checked in.

when i got to the actual entrance, the MPs asked if i'd been there before (i was back on the phone by now) ... i advised that i had and they told me to have a nice day. well, i had never gone in THAT entrance and apparently i was driving in places that i wasn't supposed to be driving and that kinda upset them. one of the MPs cut me off on foot and sternly told me where i was going to go. he had a really big gun so i was as demure as possible ... but seriously, i was driving a hyundai that had been searched. why must we sound the alarms?

i could never be involved with the military on a daily basis. too many rules.

No comments: