10.22.2007

never underestimate the power of julie

so, it came to me yesterday in a flash of red ... the bastards at work had suspended my right to text when they took over my account ... that's why a COUNTLESS number of texts have not gone through in the past couple of days.

so here's the back story. so, the company i work for has decided that we are all getting new blackberries and they will be our sole device. i'm game. one device does sound lovely. so, they're transferring my current cell number to the new blackberry (which is not yet in my possession) so i don't have to get a new number, let alone a NJ number. would would really suck, but i digress.

so, apparently, the changeover has already taken place behind the scenes ... the company for which i work is already receiving the bill and lumped me into the company plan. which apparently DOES NOT INCLUDE TEXTING.

i cannot live without texting. well, i could, if everyone in my personal AND professional lives had blackberries, treos, etc. but that is not the case. so, i need to text and it the right was STRIPPED from me. and to make it worse. i didn't know it happened until it happened. bastards.

so i did what i had to do. i called at&t and authorized texting to be put back on my account. i am a vp dammit. f the stupid tech people that took it from me ... if you really didn't want me to have it, they should have locked up the account tighter. it only took about 2 minutes for me to get it added. where there is a will, there is a way.

so, i can't wait for some bean counter to call me and yell about the $120/year i just added to their line item. seriously. $10/month. i need to text. i have EARNED the right to do so.

and now i am stepping off of my soapbox to do a little texting. :-)

No comments: