4.28.2008

black cherry chutney surprise

yesterday, as i sat sweltering in my un-airconditioned hovel as temperatures soared past 95, i had a fight with a bottle of nail polish.

i keep most of my manicure supplies in a small plastic box with a lid. however, apparently i did not secure the lid after the last time i opened it. i know this because as i lifted it to carry it over to my desk, it slipped out of my hands. a brand-new bottle of OPI black cherry chutney BROKE OPEN on its way out of the box and spilled onto my semi-light berber carpet. the stains covered a 12" x 8" square. super awesome.

instead of panicking (seriously, worse case scenario is new carpet) i surfed to google and found how to get nail polish out of the carpet. the advice i found worked like a charm!

here's what i did.

sopped up the wet nail polish by blotting clean paper towels on the puddles
dumped water over the whole mess - apparently, keeping the stain wet is the key
added some rubbing alcohol and hair spray (i am still high, i think)
scrubbed my little heart out with a firm, small scrub brush (lucky i sell cleaning tools!)

it took about 30 minutes, but the carpet is perfect again. :-)

No comments: