4.07.2006

4 hours, 266 miles, 1 blue taurus, 1 bathroom break and 1 run from the law

i wish i never had to travel to houston again. i don't mess with texas (much), why does it continue to mess with me?

this is the second time in 18 days that i have been monumentally delayed trying to get out! i have no trouble getting to texas, but it's like the state likes me so much that it can't bear to let me go. :-)

last night i opted to give up my seat on the houston to dallas leg and drive to DFW. chance of me actually making it home last night was slim to none due to the weather in texas, so i figured i was due for another texas adventure. by the way, when is there not weather in texas? so, 4 hours, 266 miles, 1 blue taurus (what is it with blue cars on this trip?), 1 bathroom break and 1 run from the law i made to to a hotel by the airport where i enjoyed 4.5 hours of sleep. :-(

in exchange for my seat on the HOU - DFW flight last night, American put me on the first flight out this morning and upgraded me to first class. THANK GOODNESS as 30 minutes from departure i learned that the flight is sold out and there are 22 passengers on the stand-by list. and lucky me, there are a zillion kid and one LAFD search dog. (he was a lovely dog).

i'm trading air travel for driving in los angeles next week. it is a real toss-up as to which trip will be more drama. :-)

side note: did you know that there is a texas county prison museum in texas? who the hell would what to take that tour? i retract that question ... texas is a red state after all!

No comments: