2.09.2006

wal*mart

most days i treasure my job ... my office is at home (okay and the airport) ... my boss is fabulous ... i am learning how to love a mop ... and i get to go to cool places like Arkansas ... however, today is not one of those days.

i had to "shop" a wal-mart ... i've been there 3 days in a row because the demands of the project keep changing. if i hated wal*mart before, i LOATHE it now.

it's filthy. it's not merchandised. i think the employees just cut cases and throw it agains the wall to see what sticks. it smells like old mcdonald's trash. everything that was once at kid height is strewn on the floor. the carts need replaced. no one is smiling in there except for that dumb yellow happy face. their music selection is 10 to 1 hispanic; same with the food. people are rude. i almost lost a toe due to an incident with a woman, her 8 kids, and a cart.

that coupled with wal*mart's political issues, makes me really stop and wonder, why would anyone shop there??????

the good news is that the project is over; ventura put a moratorium on any big boxes along the victoria corridor and target still exists.

2 comments:

Sweet Coalminer said...

I stopped going there when the person who waited on me had the herps so bad I was afraid to touch my purchases. *shudder*

Anonymous said...

i used to suck on coal when i was teething