2.10.2006

why can't people just do their jobs?

i fully expect to be fired if i didn't do my job.
if i blew off a client meeting, decided to go to the beach instead of the airport, failed to turn in reports, etc., i should be fired.

however, i think i'm in the miniority. sad, but true.

just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a rental car company. turned a car in 8 days ago and they haven't found the time to close out my contract, hence i have no receipt for my expense report.

in the first half of the call, i was transferred 5 times ... this includes the transfer that occurred when the local office neglected to answer the phone. the explanation, "sorry, we're really busy today."

when do i get to be too busy to do my job? when will i be compensated for all of the hours i've lost because someone else fucked up?

in the end the rental car company thinks it did me a favor by comping a $125 bill. that's nice. i'm still out the time and work gets a break.

they have me over a barrel. i have to rent cars and they know it. the reality is that they all suck.

wish i was 10 again and my biggest problem was giving an oral report on new york. that kept me up for weeks. life was much simplier then.

No comments: