8.27.2006

buyer beware

so my cell phone did not in fact go to mexico with joe ... nor is it in his car where i am SURE i left it.

it has materialized.

i cannot live without a cell phone. so i visited the local cell phone store on saturday and got a new bubblegum pink slvr. of course.

i was on a roll. while the guy was getting my phone ready to go ... i looked around at the accessories. i picked out a matching headset and a car charger. figured they would be competitively priced, so i had james ring 'em up.

holy shit. the headset and charger were FAR from competitively priced. james charged me $99 + tax for the headset and $29.99 for the charger. i did a little research when i got home. i repurchased the headset from www.newegg.com for $48.95 WITH SHIPPING ... and the charger for $5 on www.ebay.com.

i figured i could just take the headset and charger back ... but alas, i noticed that the receipt said FINAL SALE. F.

so, i plotted. james actually never brought the final sales clause to my attention, but was that good enough? it was printed on the receipt plain as day. my bad for not reading it.

but i tried anyway. what's the worst that could happen?

he must have liked me. james took them back with NO QUESTIONS. rock on. totally made my day.

morale of the story: focus, julie! pay attention! do a little research before you impulse buy! a $400 impulse phone package is not the same as impulse buying nail polish. it's just not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always buy my cell phone accessories on eBay. Dirt cheap!