8.10.2006

odd girl out

i attended a charity dinner tonight for a major hardware chain. there were about 1,200 people present; most of whom were men.

i thought i was being used to be in the 1%> female population at these events. (it was never this one-sided in the greeting card industry!) however, tonight, i was taken by surprise.

my rep, who is very well connected, spent the evening introducing me to everyone he knows. great networking opportunity!

until i met dan. at least i think his name was dan. i've started to block the incident already ... anyway, jim introduces us, "dan" shakes my hand ... makes small talk with us for a minute ... and then says, "i like you," grabs my left hand, sees my wedding rings, drops my hand and says, "too bad you're married. i don't have much luck with the married ladies."

ew. double ew. vile, in fact. i may not survive hardware.

No comments: