8.04.2006

even

i noticed a HUGE crack in my windshield this morning.
i know it happened yesterday; i remember hearing a piece of debris hit my car. how strange is it that it didn't crack until last night or this morning? but i'm starting to digress.

it's the curse of the camry, my friends.

it's going to cost $465 to replace it. F.

however, i did avoid getting a ticket this morning ... so everything does even out.

the story of the ticket is fabulous.

i was on my way home from a ww meeting. i was driving PAST the police station, but was on the phone. shocking. the top was up, so i was a little less aware of my surroundings.

i noticed Ponch about 1/2 of mile away from the police station. as i noticed him in my mirror, i put down the phone and glanced at the speedometer. F. i was doing 48 in a 35. that is definitely ticket worthy.

i eased up on the gas ... brake lights would have been too obvious. we pulled up to a stop light ... the one right before my house. he was right behind me. it was then that i remembered my smart ass license plate frame that reads, "hello officer. put it on my tab." i thought i was f'd for sure.

for some reason he let me go. that is the 2nd police officer that has been close enough to sterling to read the frame ... and the 2nd that didn't give me a ticket.

so. $465 for a windshield; $0 for a ticket.

life is grand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Advertisers, you too can reach this prime demographic!....lemme see, speeding past the police station on a residential street while talking on a cell phone, woo hoo, a trifecta!

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

that's nice, my darling hubby.

Sweet Coalminer said...

I would totally say I thought the speed limit was 53, woops! I'm dyslexic! (You could say "dysclesic" to add authenticity.)

Glad you got a net gain for the day. I cracked my windshield in 2003 and I'm still driving with it like that. Go me!