8.11.2006

o'hare security - the day after - and how i saved $25

i have an 8:13 am flight out of o'hare this morning.

as a result of yesterday's changes to carry-on policies, i spent some time researching what i can and cannot take on the plane this morning. joe sent me a lot of good information as well.

american airlines advised, per aa.com, that until 9/1/06, ticket change and excess baggage fees would be waived.

my bag was 3.5 lbs over this morning ... no doubt due to what i had to check rather than carry-on. the ticket agent asked me to pony up my $25. when i advised her that american had waived the fee, we had to get every supervisor on the floor involved.

i prevailed.

if you're traveling in the imminent future, take the time to read what the TSA & the airlines are asking of passengers.

it only took me 30 minutes (at 6 am) to check my bag and get through security. no drama at all.

2 comments:

Sweet Coalminer said...

Please tell me tweezers are still ok. Nobody would want me to visit them if I couldn't have tweezers or deoderant. Have a safe flight! Mimi's godmother is flying in right now from St. Louis. She got to the airport at 10 and the flight leaves at 2. I can't wait to hear about it!

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

tweezers are fine. :-) i've never had a problem. that would be cruel.

i hope k's flight was uneventful. :-)