3.29.2006

accident!

note to self:

NEVER make fun of a rental car prior to turning it in. its feelings might get hurt and the brakes might not work as well when you need them.

this happened to me today. i plowed into the back of a toyota prius. it would have been so perfect if it'd been a camry ... then it would have been the camry's fault, no matter what. but i digress.

no injuries to the drivers, no damage to the cars. should have just been able to walk away, but no, the boulder police (couldn't stop thinking of cartman and his mirrored glasses saying "respect my authority!") were right behind me and pulled us over. nice. 40 minutes of paperwork and we were on our merry way.

i do have to thank my boss and human resources, whom i called as protocol dictates, for being so fabulous. my boss wanted to make sure i wasn't too traumatized to work and offered to have me fly home early ... human resources advised to put any potential charges from hertz on my american express and expense them. very nice.

No comments: