3.11.2006

take the time to say thank you

my mom raised me to write thank you notes. this was enforced throughout my "ticktocker" experience. (more on that later!) i was taught to take the time to thank people for the things they do for and / or give to you.

this maybe the best lesson i ever learned.

tonight, before a sales meeting, i had a rep come up to me and thank me profusely for taking the time to write him a thank you note for putting up my booth and helping at a recent trade show. he mentioned that he's been in sales for over 20 years and this is the first thank you note he has ever received.

wow. that note took a few minutes out of my life and positively impacted a relationship more than i ever would have dreamed.

we all need to learn how to say thank you. life is too hard without the "good stuff."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I did something right! I did earn a few gray hairs and spent too much money going through the whole tick-tocker thing! =)

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

ticktockers did kinda suck, but it was worth it. i learned table manners and everything. even if i choose when to use them. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just wish you wouldn't write me a thank you note every time I fart.