5.18.2006

i have to golf?

when i was offer the promotion to vp i took it without thinking about much beyond the pay increase. and the fact that i made vp before i was 35.

so, i've adjusted to the longer hours, more flights and a lot more marriott accomodations. (especially since i get to stay in nicer places and drive better cars!) i'm dealing with being a hell of a lot more accountable than i ever have been before. i'm almost okay with having to make decisions that affect a lot of people all day long. i'm about halfway to okay with the ceo of the company asking me for my opinion. so, in short, i was feeling pretty good about the job.

until yesterday. apparently i have to participate in GOLF tournaments. that's right. me. GOLFING. i guess my dad knew what i was in for when he gave me clubs a couple of weeks ago. duh, jaws.

so, i have to do what i have to do. i'm trying to psych myself up thinking about the new shoes, new clothes, and accessories that i will HAVE to have for the new sport. i'll be golfing with customers 5-6 times a year. apparently at the last tournament my boss went to they got FREE SHOES. maybe this won't be so bad ... oh and drinking is encouraged while golfing (remember, i'm in sales) ... i hope they have martinis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just dress your cousin Dave up to look like you, and you'll have it made! They'll all think you're a pro!

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

he'd look hot!