9.06.2006

i need a vacation

last night i was driven to do my husband's laundry because our bedroom was starting to stink.

ew.

load #1 completed its wash cycle ... i gently moved all of the clothes to the dryer.

the dryer wouldn't turn on. i tried and tried ... but no power.

i cursed a bit and made another appointment with sears. F.

the thought of waiting for sears again made the bile rise in my throat.

i went back to the scene of the crime ... determined to fix the dryer.

instantly i experienced a moment of clarity. perhaps if the dryer was plugged into the wall, it would work.

viola!

i cancled the appointment with sears ... although it crossed my mind to keep it and make them wait!

i need a vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, how did the dryer happen to be unplugged?

my middle name is trouble. my last name is drama. said...

that my friend is a mystery. earthquake?