9.02.2006

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

well, it was more like bats, skunks and raccoons ...

i visited my aunt and uncle's house in flagstaff, arizona last week. (my grandma has been sick and is recuperating in flagstaff - however, that is all i will say on the subject.)

their house is in a woodsy area ... i've always loved their house ... they don't have a fence around their yard and there's A LOT of nature in the area ... at least it's a lot to this city girl.

on wednesday, the three of us sat on their deck drinking wine while the sun went down. all was well until my aunt mentioned that she saw a bat. i'll admit, i was a little intrigued, so i asked her to point them out ... she did and i watched for them. my aunt and uncle went back into the house and that's when i almost lost my life! a bat swooped down and almost touched my head! i thought was going to die.

this adventure was topped off by a visit from a skunk and a raccoon to their backyard. that is too much nature for me, my friends!

No comments: